- Send a friendly e-mail recapping the conversation and stating when you can have the next step done.
- They respond saying ok and that they look forward to hearing back from you.
- Complete what you have discussed you’d do.
- Message or e-mail them that you’ve completed that next step and ask them to review and give feedback.
- In 2 days contact them again asking if they reviewed and ready for the next step or meet up.
- If they don’t respond give them 2-3 days then e-mail them again.
They respond and you continue to move ahead with the discussions or business deal.
In much of Myanmar business conversations it’s a bit different. It’s more about grabbing attention and pushing them to move to the next step. Many business owners and executives seem to be trapped by the urgent important. Whatever is in front of them to do they will do. They also will respond to whoever is loudest (there are cases this isn’t true). Here’s the process.