"Myanmar saw a total of US$25 billion in foreign investment capital entering the economy during the National League for Democracy government’s term.” – U Thaung Tun (Minister of Investment and Foreign Economic Relations.
Snap Shot of Growth
- Growth came from the Myanmar Sustainability Development Plan announced in 2018 by the NLD.
- During the fiscal 2019-20 year, Myanmar approved US$5.7 billion worth of FDI.
- The industrial sector has grown from 30% to 39%.
- GDP has increased as Jobs were added.
- Job growth remains 13% annually with over 24 million jobs created during the NLD governments term.