- Liquor shall be imported through Yangon port or Yangon airport
- The minimum import price is set at CIF (Cost, Insurance, and Freight) US$8 per liter
- Liquor importers shall comply with requirements on the label
- Liquor importers shall affix the tax stamp on liquor bottles within 21 days, under the supervision of the Internal Revenue Department, before moving liquor bottles out of the customs warehouse
- Liquor is to be stored only at licensed premises
WHOLESALE LICENSE IS INDEED REQUIRED
Although it is not mentioned in Notification 39 that a liquor importer must also obtain a wholesale license with the MOC, it does mention that the liquor importer must comply with the relevant rules for distribution and opening a shop in the country. Hence, it is likely that a wholesale license will be required, especially in the case of a company with up to 35% foreign shareholding.